We left Loveland, Colorado today. After a whole week of experiences, some lists come to mind.
Some interesting facts about Loveland, Colorado
- Population - ~70,000
- Elevation - 4,982 feet
- Area code - 970
- Nickname - Sweetheart City
Best parks in Loveland
- North Lake Park - Good monkeying around opportunities; extremely well maintained; and we saw a wild fox!
- Benson Sculpture Park - Exquisitely crafted bronze
toyssculptures for children to play on.
- Dwayne Webster Veteran's Park - Shade from the sun and great playground equipment.
Rocky Mountain National Park highlights
- Big friggin' mountains
- Friendly chipmunks, squirrels, and yellow-bellied marmots
- Vertigo inducing drives
Top Denver event traffic to get stuck in ... on a Sunday
- Colorado Rockies baseball game at Coors field
- A Taste of Colorado on Capital Hill - even well before MC Hammer took stage
- CU versus CSU football game at Mile High
Our favorite people from Riverview RV Park
- LaVoy and Judy from Oklahoma. They turned us on to our next homestead, Fort Welikit in Custer, South Dakota.
- Bob, who expertly assisted in my first back-in parking job.
- Olivia, age 7, who befriended Jane with a frog.
Top places to avoid in Loveland
- Laundromat - Clothes got clean, but it was a hot slog in a sad strip mall.
- King Sloopers - Food got bought, but it was a victim of being too close to the above laundromat. On the other hand, it did have a 1¢ mechanical horse.
- Historic downtown - It gives Wyoming a run for its money for its wreak of desperation. It's a sad day when the big boxes lay the death blow on mom and pop.